An experienced and compassionate attorney helping you achieve your immigration dreams

Helping Battered Spouses Stay Safe In The U.S.

Is your application for permanent residency in the U.S. still pending? Are or were you abused by your spouse? Many people in this situation believe they are stuck with nowhere to turn. Fortunately, help is available, and you do not have to face this difficult time on your own

Helping With Petitions Under The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

At the San Francisco Law Office of Amie D. Miller, I have been helping individuals, couples and families with issues of immigration since 1998. I provide skilled legal help to clients throughout the globe, and I will gladly help you.

If you have been subjected to extreme cruelty or battery by your U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse, had a good-faith marriage with your spouse, lived together during the marriage and you have good moral character, you may qualify to stay in the United States under an I-360 petition for battered spouses. You may also be eligible for a waiver of certain inadmissibility issues.

This is different from an I-751 waiver because this petition is available before your initial permanent residence application is approved. There are different standards and procedures that must be adhered to in order to qualify for this petition, and as your lawyer, I can help you make the proper assessment.

Battered spouses in same-sex marriages may also qualify for this relief.

If you have suffered abuse from your U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse, schedule an online teleconference or contact my office directly to set up an initial consultation for more information on how to protect your status. Call me today at 415-362-8602. You may also send me a confidential email with your questions or concerns.

I am here to help you, and I will aggressively protect you and your rights.