An experienced and compassionate attorney helping you achieve your immigration dreams

Bringing Families Together In The U.S. Through Immigration

One of the most rewarding parts of my practice is the opportunity to bring families together to pursue temporary or permanent opportunities in America. I see the challenges people face every day being separated from their spouse, fiancé(e), children, parents or siblings, and I take pride in my reputation for helping clients reach their immigration goals.

At the Law Office of Amie D. Miller in San Francisco, California, I work with individuals who are seeking marriage, fiancé(e) and family visas to pursue or extend residency in the United States. I bring a passion for my work, a proven record of success and a commitment to client service to every case.

Working With Family Members Of U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents, Asylees And Visa Holders

If you have a recognized and lawful status in the United States, whether as a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee or visa holder, you may be able to bring family members into the country to join you. As your attorney, I will help you take the right steps to ensure or expedite your request to reunite with loved ones.

Put my experience to work for your family when seeking a visa for a:

  • Fiancé(e): If you are not yet married, a K-1 fiancé(e) visa allows someone you are engaged to who is residing outside the country to enter the United States so that you can marry and file for permanent status.
  • Spouse: If you are already married, an immigrant marriage visa allows you to bring your husband or wife legally into the country.
  • Parent or sibling: I can help United States citizens bring their parents and siblings from abroad into the country.
  • Spouse or child of an asylee or refugee: Asylees and refugees may petition for children under 21 years old and spouses if they were married before the grant of asylum or refugee status. These I-730 petitions must be filed within two years of the grant of asylum.
  • Spouse or child of a visa holder: Most visa categories (student, employment, athlete, entertainer, artist, etc.) allow for spouses and minor children to accompany the primary visa holder.
  • Same-sex spouse: LGBT spouses now qualify as “spouses for all immigration purposes.” I will help protect your rights as a member of the global LGBT community.

I-751 Petitions For Conditional Residents

If you were married less than two years at the time of your initial grant of permanent residence based on marriage, you will need to file a petition to remove the conditions on your residence (I-751) before your two-year conditional residence expires. I have extensive experience assisting clients through this process and with waivers if the marriage is no longer intact.

I work to live up to the trust that my clients place in me. Working to build creative strategies based on experience and knowledge, I have succeeded for clients who seemed to face an impossible challenge. When I take your immigration case, I put every resource I have at your disposal and will fight for you at all stages of the process: whether in the initial application or on appeal.

Get The Support Your Family Needs

You do not have to go through the immigration visa process alone. My San Francisco office is here to put years of experience working exclusively in immigration law behind your case. Schedule an online teleconference, or contact my office directly today to set up an initial consultation for more information. The longer you wait to seek help from a lawyer, the more difficult your case might become.

Send me an email, or call me at 415-362-8602.