Amie Miller is a strong believer in immigrant rights and works hard to ensure that her clients receive fair treatment under the law. Ms. Miller is certified by the State Bar of California as a Specialist in Immigration & Nationality Law, and was named a Northern California "Super Lawyer" (2009-Present). Certified Specialists are officially recognized by the State Bar of California as attorneys with a demonstrated high level of expertise and experience in their specialty field. Super Lawyers is a listing of outstanding lawyers (top 5%) who have attained a high degree of professional achievement.
Ms. Miller's practice is devoted exclusively to immigration law, and she has successfully navigated her clients through the immigration process before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service, Immigration Court, Board of Immigration Appeals and Federal Court.
Ms. Miller is active in the San Francisco legal community. She served as the District Counsel Liaison of the Board of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Northern California Chapter (2001-2002) and on the Board of the Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom (1999-2001). She additionally teaches immigration seminars and mentors other attorneys who take on immigration cases through pro bono programs of local non-profits who advocate for immigrants. The Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights awarded Ms. Miller the Wiley M. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services in recognition of her advocacy on behalf of low income immigrants.
Ms. Miller obtained her Master of Laws degree from McGeorge School of Law, her Juris Doctorate degree from Stetson University College of Law and her Bachelor's degree from the University of Florida. She is admitted to practice law in California and Florida, the United States Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit, the United States District Court, Northern District of California and the United States District Court, Eastern District of California.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration & Naturalization Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Immigration & Nationality Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 2002
- Northern California Super Lawyer 2009-Present
- Florida, 1996
- California, 1997
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida
- University of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, 1998
- Board of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Northern California Chapter, District Counsel Liaison, 2001 to 2002
- Board of the Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom, 1999 to 2002
Pro Bono Activities
- Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services, 2001 to 2001
- Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights: Mentor Attorney and Lecturer
- AIDS Legal Referral Panel: Mentor Attorney and Lecturer
- Regular Volunteer, Immigration Project Legal Clinic