- Associate Attorney
As an immigrant from the Philippines, Lia's firsthand experiences with the U.S. immigration system have driven her dedication to advocating for immigrants' rights. She believes in social equity and strives for clients' fair representation and transition through different immigration processes.
Lia is committed to serving marginalized communities, including asylum seekers and communities of color. During law school, she interned with the Department of Justice at the Tacoma Immigration Court and worked at an immigration law firm, where she advised on cases before the Board of Immigration Appeals as well as U.S. district court and courts of appeals. She was also a member of the Washington state Supreme Court's Minority and Justice Commission.
Lia obtained her Juris Doctor degree from Seattle University School of Law and her Bachelor's degree in Psychology and Spanish Literature from the University of California, San Diego. She is admitted to practice law in the state of California and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Lia is fluent in Filipino and Spanish and is a certified yoga and Pilates instructor. She enjoys spending quality time with family and friends, singing, and dancing.
Areas of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- University of California, San Diego, California
- Major: Psychology and Spanish Literature
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Filipino Bar Association of Northern California
- Washington state Supreme Court’s Minority and Justice Commission, Member